Tuesday, December 9, 2008

December Daily-Day 8

***Comfort Food*** My lunch yesterday. Leftover White Chili and Diet Pepsi. The best chili you will ever eat. NO lie. My original recipe came from "Wheatland Jackie" over 8 years ago. Its very easy and everyone seems to have their own variations.


White Chicken Chile
about a pound of chicken breast cooked and shredded(or I have used rotisserie chicken leftovers)
Jar of northern beans
can of chicken broth(or more depending on thickness desired)
big jar of Salsa(I think Jackie always used tomatoes with chilies, but I prefer a medium salsa. More flavor)
Bag of shred cheese(I use a Monterrey jack/Colby blend)
garlic powder
chili powder
salt and pepper
Dump it all in and simmer! I garnish with more cheese and sour cream. Mmmm...healthy;)



This is a staple meal for us in the winter months. It makes a lot and the leftovers are superb.
Thought it might be a good addition to the Daily.

Tonight we have Summer's Christmas program at school. Cant wait to see her up there with her lines. I just need to locate the video camera....

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Good luck Summer!! I am sure she will do great; can't wait to see pictures!!!

The soup look yummy!!! I think I will have to try it out. Nothing like a good bowl of soup in the winter...especially when it does not stop snowing!! Will it ever stop? PLEASE make it stop:)!!!

Lisa said...

Yumm! That looks so good Jenn, I will have to try it out.
Enjoy Summers Program, cant wait to see some pics.

Jodi said...

I love chili in the winter! I make mine with turkey {usually} and instead of traditional red beans, I use cannelini beans, garbanzo beans and black eyed peas. I cannot tell you what the soup part is made of...I never make it the same way twice. I don't like tomatoes so I skip them but use an asoortment of tomato sauce, tomato puree, sometimes tomato soup, tomato paste, tomato juice sometimes and salsa on occasion. Lucky for me, it always turns out tasting basically the same. :) Leftovers are abundant and always welcome. Super yum.