Friday, December 19, 2008

December Daily-Day 18

Holiday Hodge-Podge
Still reeling from the random act of kindness from yesterday. Crazy. But have to stop floating around and back to business! And on Thursday, that meant baking. Now, I cannot rival my girl Theresa, but I have a pretty long list. I need a pineapple upside down cake, red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, and a few kinds of cookies. Also need to fix up a cheese plate to bring to my Grandpa's.
My supplies: I see that there are 2 cans of fix-a-flat. That did not make it into any of the cookies, I promise. They are Jason's. Not gonna do him much good on my kitchen counter.


As soon as the temps drop, the cat comes out of hiding. Bling is always hanging around looking for food and a warm spot. I found her laying on a kitchen towel that fell on the floor. The kids chase her like crazy. She is a tormented animal.

Ah, and what would Christmas be without gingerbread poptarts? Umm, yeah. Who cares? I do not eat these, gross. Only Summer is eating these things.

So we have our first Snow Day! Sorry for the kids who did not have their Christmas Parties yet. Summer's was yesterday. I didn't go because I got the impression that they were discouraging parents from attending, and instead invited us to join in the all school sing a long that was supposed to happen today. I was pretty sad, but then Jason was not home anyway, so it wouldn't have worked.
And Grady is sick. Ugghh. I feel like I have been waiting for this. Runny nose and little cough yesterday. Last night (and ever since) he has been crying that his ear hurt. This is the 1st regular ear infection of any kid in this house ever! he has never even been to the dr except for well baby visits. Summer gets swimmers ear, but its different. So I think I need to have him seen,except there is no one at the Drs. office because of the snow!! I don't know what to do! I rarely take my kids in. Most things go away without treatment. But fro a 2 year old to say he's in pain is more serious, I think. So I will keep trying, and maybe have to take him into the med center if all else fails. I wish someone would jut call in a script. He has never been on meds before.
So other than that, we are supposed to go to GR tonight for Christmas with Donna. But wow, its nasty. And tomorrow to Grand Ledge. And its gonna get nasty again Saturday evening. So I just don't know. I feel like with a sick kid and bad roads, the universe is trying to tell me something. We'll see.
Wish me luck and safety trying to find a doctor today with all 3 in tow:)

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Good luck driving in this stuff..I hope little Grady feels better. You sure do have a busy weekend ahead hang in there and be safe!

Jodi said...

Maybe you'll get lucky and someone will just call in a scipt for you.

I don't want you to drive today. The roads are terrible. Caleb is supposed to go to GR tonight for a birthday party. The friends are still ready to go but I am super leary. Today is not the day I want to lose my baby. I know those are big, terrible thoughts, but I'm just being honest. Can this party be postponed? I know it is Donna, but if it is just family...??

Mya said...

How is my Grady dude feeling? I hope you do not have to go out in this yucky weather. I will check in later to see what happened and how he is doing. Give my lil guy a hug from me.
P.S
Did you find out who your secret santa is? That is too cool.

Kristin said...

Oh, poor Grady. Nothing like a sick baby, especially at Christmas time. I hope you are able to get some help...without DRIVING!!! Keep us posted on what is going on. As a mom who is an expert in ear infections, the good news, 1 day into antibiotics, he will be feeling 90% better!!! Now, to get the roads 90& better:)!

Lea said...

Oh girl..I feel for you! My boys are RARELY at the Dr's...but we were at the Med Stop one week and ER the next - both for Lukas. Seems like when it rains, it pours! Hopefully he's feeling better soon!

Theresa said...

Fix-a-FLAT!!! seriously!!! that is super funny!

hope Grady feels better soon!

take it easy on the roads no matter WHERE or WHEN you go!!! LUCK!