Friday, November 28, 2008

Winners and Loser

Remember this? EDITED
Dude, I won! I won my 1st blog challenge! Got to http://www.methodplayground.blogspot.com to see my my 5 seconds of fame;) They are sending me a box of goodies this weeks:)


This had really good timing for me because I was totally kicked out in the 1st round at Cocoa Daisy's Daisy Diner Scrap Off. I really think its because I submitted kinda cruddy photos of my layout. But they also passed up some other work that I really thought was superior to the 8 they did choose. To each there own. But I was bummed. I was ready to stop participating in any online forums, challenges, blogs or what ever. I like my work and am proud of it. But the talent out there blows my work out of the water.I realize that it is not the point. I must be searching for some kind of validation. You should see peoples faces when I tell them I am a scrapbooker. Oh, you know what they are picturing! I'll never forget telling my dad I was attending a scrapbook convention for the 1st time several years ago. He laughed so hard(which is pretty bad considering he carves exact replicas of ducks to enter in world competitions! What a nerd;) )
But he is picturing a bunch of perm-haired, 300 pound women wearing tapered leg jeans and sweatshirts with kittens embroidered on them. yeah, they are out there. In hoards! But there are also really cool hip artist who just love paper and photography and love to journal. I try to identify with the latter. I let my perm go in 1990.*

I gotta throw out some props to the MONTAGUE Wildcats football team for winning their 1st ever State Championship! My cousin Cody Kater is the quarterback and he was amazing today. I actually watched the entire game on TV. SO fun. The kids loved it. My parents were there as was Gary and most of Cindy's family. So we tried to spot them in the crowd. Wishing them all safe trip home tonight.
Here's to being a winner!(and a loser)

*please take no offense if you happen to have a perm/kitten sweatshirt/tapered leg jeans. However I will be submitting your name to my favorite show,What Not to Wear. Stacy and Clinton will take good care of you and your sweatshirt.;)


12 comments:

Life is Love said...

Way to go Jen! Everytime that you and Rachael scrapbook with me, I am always in awe of how much time, thought, and perfection you both put in your pages. I am not that creative and love to look through your books, just to be envious. Hope you enjoy the goodies.
Also, I tried linking on but it wouldn't let me. I tried respelling the playground part, but it still wouldn't let me. I would like to check out your fame on there :)

Not your Happily Ever After said...

Congrats Congrats! What a wonderful accomplishment. As to the perms/tapered leg jeans/kitten sweatshirts.. I ran into one of those today at Joanne fabrics. I about wet myself laughing. Definitely Stacey/Clinton intervention worthy. But hey I'm worthy of an intervention too!

Mandy said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!! Way to go...you are so very talented, but it also helps that you have absolutely cute kids!! Way to go Jenn!!

Julie said...

That's soo cool!
Way to not give up, you are a good inspirition to my girls. You do a lot of cool stuff, can't wait to hear what you get in the goodie basket.
Julie

Lea said...

WAY TO GO JENN!!! I've always been a tad envious of your superior artistic talent! I recall the days in art class when your work definately was blowing MINE out of the water!! ~HA You have a gift from God and you are definatel utilizing it to the best of your ability. I wish I had more time to create scrapbooks than to just toss some pics in an album and call it good.
Congrats!!!

Stefanie said...

Congrats! :) The layout is adorable!
btw - the image of a perm/kitten shirt/tapered legs lady scrapbooking is great! (and definitely would make for a great episode of what not to wear -- one of my favs too!)

Mya said...

That is so awesome! I am so excited for you. Your work is amazing and you totally deserve to win!! Can't wait to see what ya get in the mail. Keep us all posted.

Jodi said...

Kudos to you! Tjis is the best! I have nothing more to say!

hien k. d. said...

congrats, Jennie!! very cool :)

hien k. d. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

Way to go girl!!! I am not surprised, I told you once and I will tell you 1000+ times...YOU ARE AMAZING!!! I also want you to know that Cocoa Daisy is CRAZY...not the "good" crazy either:)!!!
Love your description of a "classic" scrapbooker. Way to look out for anyone who may need a little help. you are so kind:)!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html]wetter online[/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html]wetter sanchez[/url]