Monday, November 24, 2008

Whazupwitchoo?

Oh. ya know. A lot of the same ol, same ol, here. But here are some highlights. It's snowing, AGAIN. Yes, beautiful. But with the salt shortage, roads are hell. Bad. So bad. My father in law was in a crash over the weekend. Everyone is fine(although the PT Cruiser that hit him has seen better days!) And as a the officers were writing the report, apparently several more cars slipped through the stop sign(At Lakewood and Russell)followed by another crash. Always a bad area, but even worse with no salt on the roads.

I went scrapbooking Friday night and actually got a few pages (almost) done! I'll post more later this week, but I wanted to share this one that I finished this morning for a challenge at Cocoa Daisy. It's a four week "last scrapper standing" kind of contest.Gradually weeding out contestants that make a layout to a certain "recipe". There is some amazing work in their gallery so I will be suprised to make it to next week. We'll see...



Let's see...what else...
Summer received a speaking part in her school's Christmas program. She is so excited and has her part down! I can't wait to watch it:)
I am hosting Thanksgiving Dinner for my In-Laws. That will be fun, so I'm working on the baking/cooking timeline.
And speaking of the Holidays, we are already booked at least 1 day out of every weekend until New Years. I am OK with this simply because I like to know what is happening when.
Ya'll lovin my Christmas Playlist? I had to decorate here, because Jason is not interested in decorating the house until after Thanksgiving.
Jason got his 2nd deer on Saturday.
And instead of doing my regular Black Friday shopping, I will be working. Younker's asked if I would work this Friday for 10 hours! I suppose it could turn into a regular job, but it will be nice to make a couple bucks that day instead of spend money:)
And if you know me, you know that this is such a messed up time of year for me, emotionally. I really have been working on not allowing it to affect me (too much) this year, but it must have reared its ugly head yesterday, because I was in a nasty mood. And I could just feel it. I was set off by anything and reacted poorly. I knew it as it was happening and couldn't do anything about it. Man, it came out of nowhere! I've got to either get really good at ignoring it or just face it all HEAD-ON. Get that crud out of the way. It all comes back to finding balance. Balance between good memories and sadness/loss,balance between friends and family and ME time. I am realizing I really can have all those things and it is good for my mental health. And trying to find happiness with what we have. That Christmas does not need to be as big as I really dream it to be. This is so hard for me. I want to do more more more. More GIFTS! More food, more events, more special,more decorations, more lights, more GIFTS GIFTS GIFTS. Why cant I shake this? I am done for my kids. But do I still brows the toy dept every time I enter a store? Yup. I have yet to add, but I don't know how much longer I can hang on. To be honest, the money just isn't there. So I guess that will keep me good. It just stresses me out:)
Whoa, long post. Sorry. I leave a pic from yesterday. Reminds me of the Heart song"Dog and the Butterfly" Yes, I realize its a ladybug costume(Mya do you recognize?) but there is no song about a dog and a ladybug...







6 comments:

Kristin said...

I told you, I have made you my personal christmas mission to make sure that you have the BEST Christmas seasaon ever!!! If you start to get in a "mood", please talk to me...I will make sure to get you back on the right foot...whatever it takes!!!

You have to let yourself know that you are doing the BEST you can do and that is ALL you can do. I too am a Christmas junkie and I WANT IT ALL...the memories, the presents, the food, the time the EVERYTHING. It is the LOVE that you are giving and showing your kids that mean the most. I know most days it doens't seem like that, but it really is.
Try not to be so hard on yourself and try to keep the "bad" memories in the past where they belong. Peace can have so many meanings...remember it is the season for peace. I hope you find yours!!!! Remember...I am here to help!!!

Not your Happily Ever After said...

During this time of year I also have to just take deep breaths and focus on the simple. Keep it simple. If it's kept simple you remember more and make more memories than when it's too chaotic and too complicated. I love the ladybug and the dog sleeping so peacefully on your couch.

Mya said...

I do! I do! I do reconize the lady bug costume. It's so dang cute. It was one of my favorite on my little girl - and it looks like it is simply adorable on "T"! The picture is precious.

Remember Chirstmas is not about the gifts. It's about bringing families together. I know how easy it is to get caught up in EVERYTHING else that goes on. I too, just like every other mom out there wants the kids to have more and more and more gifts. Too bad money did not grow on tree's. Now that would only be the life. Hang in there and know that I am here for you as well. Weather you need to vent, you need some down time, a scrappin buddy, or a shoulder to cry on. I am here for you my friend. Hang in there and smile because it's SNOWING.
Hope your FIL is okay!!! OUCH.

Mandy said...

I think it's very natural to want to give and give and GIVE to our kids. But we can only do so much, and kids appreciate just about anything. I still remember last year Christmas morning, ryan getting up and stopping dead in his tracks in the hallway, and just could not take his eyes off the tree and all the presents. I really believe if we only had 3 or 4 gifts under there he would have been just as amazed. It's just so exciting to kids, even the small things mean a lot!!
Hang in there kid, I know it's a tough time, and if you ever need to get away for the evening or whatever just give me a shout! Or we could just talk at the mission, I know I will be back there next week after mike is back to work! SMILE!!! YOU ARE LOVED!!!

Lisa said...

Jen I really love all the scrap book pages you have been posting, they are great. What a gift you are giving your kids and also yourself!
Also I relate to alot of the feelings you are having about the holiday season. How an event, season or even a place can trigger memories that have been suppressed suddenly hit you like a ton of bricks. How no matter how hard you try to see beyond these memories some days they are still right below the surface. When I have these days I remember the quote "Courage does not always roar...sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying.."I will try again tomorrow"
Love ya ~L

Jodi said...

Great pic! Remember that after the holdays are over, you will be left with an amazing Christmas journey in your Daily December and you'll realize all of the stressing was for nothing. The best part will be on those pages...all 31 of them. Those will be better than any "what-ifs" you're worried about now. :)