Wednesday, April 23, 2008

So Saturday was our first real experience with soccer. Things were a bit disorganized at first, but it was pretty cool. Summer played quite a bit and is really fun to watch! I was worried that she might be afraid of the ball, but she was totally IN the action! The weather was beautiful. That made it even more enjoyable.
The only bad part was that we had to be there at 10am for team pics and her game wasn't until 11ish. So we had both of the little ones with us, and they were bored and Grady kept running out onto the field. He was pretty cranky(didn't sleep well at all the night before) and kept running away from us.There were 3 games happening at the same time so needless to say there were a LOT of people around. So we are taking turns chasing after him and trying to keep his screaming to a minimum. I hate that toddler stage. By the end of the game Jason and I were pretty stressed out. I think he decided that we will be taking turns going to games. We'll see.
Oh yeah, did I mention the weather? Well the downside is that the sun was so bright that I could NOT see out my camera viewfinder. So I took like 100 photos(no joke) and these are the best I got! Terrible! Good thing I have more games to try to get better photos. And I am sure I have said it before, but I am so grateful for a world with digital cameras!!

Sunday I took the kids to my Dad's to play and visit. A trip down to the lake to check it out turned into swimming. In April. Last time we were there there was still ice on the lake. The kids were swimming( I managed to keep Summer mostly dry) of course, I had NO extra clothes. But it was fun. Got to see my Dad's beautiful duck that he is taking to Maryland this week for the World Competition. I totally forgot my camera. I will try to take some pics when he gets back, hopefully with lots of blue ribbons!

Since then its been pretty uneventful around here. Jay and I did manage to completely destroy a florescent bulb fixture in our laundry room...long story, we didn't get hurt but what a mess!!! It took Jason an hour to vacuum it up and we are still finding bits of glass here and there. He has not been too impressed with this old house recently. A lot has been going wrong with it lately. But we will have to just deal with it...I don't think we are going any where too soon....

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Go Summer!! I love the action shots. =)

Lisa said...

Go Summer!! I love the action shots. =)