Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What Weekend?

Cuz it flew by! Of course thats what happens when you keep busy and your following the routines of 3 kids etc...
So Saturday I decide that I am getting everyone up early and we were braving the sale at Old Navy. I got a tip from my friend(thanks Amber!) that they had that $7 jeans sale and I just couldn't pass it up. Jason had to work but was going in a litter later so he actually(thank goodness) kept the 2 little ones and met me at the store with them once I made my way through. I needed Summer with me to pay for some jeans because it was only 3 pair per personand I wanted 6 pair. That place was NUTS!!! I got there about 20 minutes before they opened and people were lined up to Barnes and Noble. Rachael was there too, so we made a plan. since she also needed little girl and little boy sizes, she got the ones I needed too(she was WAY ahead of me in line and had her MIL there to help)I had to get to my size and Summer's size(that was interesting, lots of moms in that mob!) So I grabbed what I needed and got the heck out. That was enough excitement for me for one day. So Sunday Teagen and I went grocery shopping and then we all spent the rest of the day at my Dads. BTW-Meijer in Norton Shores is a total mess. Its going to be so nice and is HUGE but I couldn't find a darn thing. Then I bought like 15 Box Top products and was supposed to get a bonus 120 Box Tops at the checkout but the dudes machine was broke so the manager had to RESCAN my 15 box top items which were in various bottoms of my lovely reusable bags. She gave me girt card for my trouble. So I guess I still like Meijer. Anyway, my Dads was fabulous as always. Water was still plenty warm. So beautiful. Grady loves the Kayaks, Teagen loves the Beach, and Summer loves the water.
Jason only worked a couple hours(while we were asleep)on Monday and we had free tickets that Grady won from our credit union for Michigans Adventure! Teagen had no clue what to expect. I love this shot of Summer checking on Tea and the look on Teagen's face!
Summer was a GOOD sport riding all the "baby" rides with the littles. How shocking that Grady loved the motorcycles best! Summer was tall enogh for some of the bigger rides and went on the corkscrw for the 1st time ever. She says she did NOT like it. Says she bumped her head.
Yeah, I don't do carousels. Cant go round in circles anymore. Teagens favorite though!
I hate that blogger wont let me add anymore pics to this post!! I shoulda cropped the strangers out of this one and just focused on my little Tea-Tea!
Teagen, Grady and I hung out in the little kids pool area while Jason and Summer did the water slides for a while. It confirmed that it was a good idea that Grady did not go to Great Wolf. It was a nightmare for me to chase after him and he kept running and slipping. Finally I got him to just practice going up and down a couple steps into the pool. He did it for like 20 minutes. Then he sat in the sun with me and Teagen to warm up.

It was fun, I am glad it was free, and it will be easier next year. At least I slept so good that night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad they had fun at Michigan's Adventure. We went there a couple of weeks ago for the first time in 3 years. But I was wondering why you couldn't add any more photos. I feel like I always add too many. I just wish we could crop them better. Anyways, seems like you have been really busy this summer too :)

jennie said...

I think I have the resolution too high or something, because blogger only allows me to add 5 pics to a post. And I have no idea how to change what I am doing....

Jodi said...

I add 5 photos, save as a draft, go back in to edit, and add more. Try it. You have been sooo busy...holy cow!

Shelly said...

I had no idea about Old Navy's jean sale, thats awesome. It sounds like you guys like to have a jam packed summer just like us. Love all the pictures.

Mandy said...

Love the pictures Jennie! The kids are absolutely adorable...one question, is that Alesha's daughter hugging summer? That little girl sure does look like Alesha!
Glad you guys had a great summer. It really stinks that it's pretty much over....we still have we want to do, but don't think we will get to it....there's always next year!!