Wednesday, October 1, 2008

September is Out

I had to make a new calendar for the pantry door and as I was erasing September, it just astounded me that the month was over. That we are already into the swing of this school thing, and that we are even enjoying the cooler weather. September was packed with good stuff. We've been to Wheatland, a couple parties, and even a beer tent, I've found time to scrapbook and paint,celebrated 9 years of marriage, I've meet friends for "Chunky" Cheese(that's for Joan;)) playdates, a trip to the orchard, and have even made it to the farmers market. We got Grady in his big boy bed, had a photo shoot( I am so ready to do that again)and got a haircut.
All that and I am almost half way done Xmas shopping! Now that's a good month!
I have to admit that I am not so optimistic for October. Jason will be gone most of the month for hunting, and that makes for very long days. We are for sure Co-Parents, each pretty equal in responsibility for the kids and the house. I do not enjoy being a "single" mother when he's gone. Plus he helps me laugh instead of yell. And he wrestles with the kids. When he's not home they attack ME. And I am a wimp.
October is one of my favorite months. Ya know the typical colors of the trees and all that. And I LOVE Halloween. Not the scary stuff, but love I the the pics of the kids in costumes and Halloween decor and PUMPKINS! Its a good warm up for Christmas.
So for today, I have an eye appointment and get to pick out new glasses. Looking for something trendy, but not the Sarah Palin look. lol! Then I am having 9 dinner guest and need to cook a BIG meal and bake an apple cake. Not to mention the cleaning that still needs to be done. I have finally started the giant canvas for Grady's room. I am pretty happy with it so far, I hope to be able to post a pic of it soon. Its the solar system! Got some other fun projects for the upcoming weeks, so looking forward to that.
For now I gotta go vacuum:)

5 comments:

Jodi said...

WOW...and you have time to blog about it all. Can't wait to see all your projects...so inspiring. I am counting down the days until I can (finally) get to my "undone-ness" at home. And scrapbooking...? Just a dream. BTW...love the rendition of Free Fallin'...I'm NOT a fan of the original...can't even speak his name. :) John's got it goin' on!

Theresa said...

I know what you mean about being a "single" MOM!!! I am not to fond of it myself. I cannot believe the kids have been in School for a month!!! I don't think I have things down yet though...the homework thing is passing me BY!!! I barely have time to make dinner some nights!!! and by the end of the day, I am SPENT! Then after my long awaited bath (yeah right) I go to bed to do it all over again tomorrow! AWSOME POST, GIRL!

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

I LOVE your calendar! How fun - and then to take a pic at the end of the month and remember everything and look back & scrap/blog! It is so creative and inspiring! I wish I had one of these on my wall - I just have my planner and three wall calendars - (can't help it, it seems as if photo calendars are popular gifts to give the aunts and uncles so we always get one from every family, I know what three of my christmas presents will be this year!)
Bring on October...!

Stefanie said...

Hi Jennie! :)
Thanks so much for the comment you left! I'm still learning to navigate around everyone's blogs. It's great "connecting" with everyone and seeing their families. Your girls and son are adorable and it definitely looks like they keep you busy!
I love the scrapbook pages that you've been creating... you're so incredibly talented (although not surprising, I remember what beautiful things your mom and dad created!).
~ Stef

Not your Happily Ever After said...

Wow your busier than I am and I have 2 kids on you. HA! I so wish I had time for the scrapbooking and projects. I love looking at your beautiful scrapbook pages. I hope one day I will be able to sit down and start books for my children. Lord knows I have enough pictures. But for now I just have to keep up with keeping them clean, fed, and happy. Great Post and have a GREAT dinner Party.