Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I love a Parade

Monday morning was our sweet little Lakeside Memorial Day Parade. I so love it. Its very old fashioned and traditional. And it draws big crowds for little ol' Lakeside. We walk down to Dune Glass. its our favorite spot because the sun shines there and it keeps us warm and protected against the wind off the lake. The kids got balloons and 2 flags each!
The kids love the Big Reds marching band. They are so good. Even the 2 middle school bands are really good. They put my 1 pathetic year of band to shame. Ughh...those are some bad memories....
And the Parade always wraps up with a bunch of motorcycles following. Of course the kiddos LOVE that! There was even a little boy on a tiny motorcycle that was just SO cute...and I dont care for bikes!
My poor pale children. They just kinda glow out in the sun. Thank goodness for sunscreen. Otherwise I don't think we would ever leave the house!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

At least you remembered the sunscreen. We went for a walk and remembered the sunscreen when we saw Madison with REALLY red cheeks at the end of the day! BAD MOM!! We LOVE parades, I didn't know lakeside had a parade! How fun!!

Shelly said...

I wanted to go to that parade but because of camping we were not able to, I heard that they had a nice tribute to my brother in law..

Lisa said...

You guys sure live in a great neighborhood. I love Lakeside, esp. in the spring/summer. Both my parents grew up there ( my mom lived on Torrennt and my dad on the channel) My Grandma and uncle both still live on the channel. We love going to the Summer Spectacular every year and seeing Laura the elephant swim!