Saturday, November 24, 2007

So Thankful

This is Summer running like a maniac after getting off the bus Wednesday for a 1/2 day of school. So happy for Thanksgiving Break. I am so happy too. I miss her being here all day. She really helps a lot around here and is just all around entertaining.
I have been so sick. I called in to work for the 1st time ever (at this job) and even had to tell Kel to find someone else to watch Leighton on Wednesday. Come to find out I finally got the Strep that the girls both had last month. It was so bad. But 24 hours on meds and I was munching turkey with the rest of America. I even braved some "black Friday" shopping. At 3:30 AM!! But it was fun (except waiting for hours to check out at Kohl's-thanks Rae!) Pretty much slept the rest of the day but put a nice dent in my list.
Thanksgiving itself was great. Just went to Jason's dads. It was just them, us, Grandpa Bill and Dave & Dorthy Wilmers. We popped in to say HI at my parents house (they had all Cindy's fam there) Set them up to babysit for us next Sat (Oh yeah!) for Jason's company party. We were going to make a night out of it, but I know Rock & Cindy are not ready for that! This is the 1st company party that I have not been preggo or breast-feed possibly ever. And its the 1st party since Jason has been in his new supervisor position. So we are getting a lot pressure to party all night! I'm just not into that anymore. We grew out of our party years(funny how that happens) Plus I'm not giving anyone any ammo for gossip about the boss' wife for the next week!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better. I have not even started my Christmas shopping yet, which is very unusual for me. Have fun on your night out, after one drink I'm usually ready for bed, I'm not much for staying up all night anymore, I think being parents have done it to us. Love the action picture of your girl what a doll.