Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Finally Fall

It has been so unbearably cold the last couple weeks, that I was worried that we may have skipped fall altogether and started right into winter. But it seems to be a bit warmer this week so we took our chance and headed to the pumpkin patch at Lewis Farms on Monday. If you are local, then you certainly have most of these same pics, but starring your own children. Its an amazing place and we are very fortunate to have Lewis Farms right here in West MI, and really just a short drive away.
I love the look in Teagen's eye here, she really is full of it.










Jason had spent a good part of the day in the woods, so we picked him up and brought him along.


And you're are nuts if you don't fall in love with the baby zebra.


Summer Jaye Applehead.




Oh its the baby again! I want one!
This guy sure got big since last year. He's got a lot of personality too. And did I mention he is HUGE?



I mean really, he could live here, right? He's not much bigger than my dogs(yet)... And is it weird that I don't care much for horses, but this guys steals my heart? Awe...love him!


Lewis Farms has the best little Bunny Town. So cute and fun to watch those furballs.







We've been reading "Llama Llama Red Pajama" a lot, so of course these guys were a big draw for the little folk.



Time to make your pumpkin pick!


The job was taken very seriously.



And some winners were taken home. Along with hot cider and cookies. Mmmm.
We plan to carve this weekend, and need to start working on ideas. Not to mention the last minute touches I need to add to everyones costumes.
I have a field trip with Teagen's class this week, so watch for that post later. I promise, I will get better about posting again!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

looks like you all had a great time and got some nice pics of the day, we have not made it there yet this year but Thursday I am going with Haileys class and she is super excited about that. Cant wait to see all the new things they have this year.

Mandy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Love all the pictures! We finally made it to the farm on Sunday and the kids can never get enough! Oh and yes Llama Llama Red Pajama, a big favorite around here...have you checked out the other 2 Llama books...they are great too!!

I can't wait to see pictures from Teagen's field trip!!

Kristin said...

Great pictures as always. Love Lewis Farms and love that you posted. I have pictures, thoughts and no ambition to blog. What is that????

Jodi said...

We purchased Llama Llama Red Pajama from the last book order. Also a favorite of mine!! Great pics as always. They never get old, do they? At least not to us. Caleb sings a different tune but I think he secretly would be sad if it all stopped.